To efficiently manage the college, various administrative bodies have been constitued. The overall administrative setup of the college is reflected in chart below. The administrative bodies of the college are described as under
I) College Council: This is the supreme administrative body of the college. It’s constituted of senior faculty members and other office, department heads under chairmanship of the Principal. It meets as and when required for deliberations on the wide variety of issues including all administrative, disciplinary and academic matters. Its decisions are final and binding. The secretary of the council is responsible for its proceedings.
II) Review Committee: Self-assessment plays a vital role in the development of any organization. It steers the organization to accomplish its objectives efficiently. Review committee constituted for this purpose meets on last day of every month to review progress of the college and suggest improvements to keep the college on right track to achieve its prime objectives of imparting education and grooming personalities of students. Reports of the committee are submitted to all stake holders regularly.
III) Proctorial Board: The Proctorial board is responsible for overall discipline of the college. All faculty of the college are members of the Proctorial Board in general but to cater especial day today requirement few faculty members have been designated as staff proctors under supervision of the chief proctor, who is also from among the faculty. Proctorial board has to perform all duties regarding enforcement of discipline in the college. Few are mentioned here as under:
1. Ensure academic and social decorum to maintain sanctity of the class room and the college.
2. Enforce observance of uniform among the students.
3. Ensure homogeneity of students by checking and preventing outsiders to enter into college.
4. Discourage students to get involved in unwanted political, religious and social activities.
5. Ensure moral and social grooming of students on sound footing.
IV) Admission Committees: Admission to the college in various disciplines is a regular and time bound feature of prime importance for all the stake holders. To address this feature a group of committees is constituted, each for every discipline of Intermediate, Bachelor and Master Degree Programs. These include the following committees.
1. Admission Committee (Science)
2. Admission Committee (Humanities)
3. Admission Committee (BS Programs)
4. Admission Committee (M.Sc)
The committees are fully independent and responsible for their mandates. The committees are responsible for the whole process of admission from advertisement, application submission, security, preparation and displaying of merit lists. The committee grants provisional admission. Decision of the committee is final.
V) Fee Concession Committee: This committee headed by a senior faculty member is constituted to extend financial help to needy and deserving students. It decides and recommends cases of financial help regarding Student Welfare Funds, Brother Fee Concession, Teacher Son’s Fee Concession, Govt. Employee’s Son Fee Concession and other financial help facilities. A general rule regarding financial help and scholarships is that no student is entitled to claim more than one financial facility.
2. Tutorial Groups: To groom personalities of students and help then carry out day to day requirements in the college the organization of tutorial groups is created. The senior most faculty member designated as Chief Tutor heads the tutorial groups. He allocates students to different faculty members designated as tutors. Tutors are responsible for all students in his group. Every tutorial group meets once in a week as per convenience of the group for discussion on any topic ranging from intellectual to social and political matters. All sorts of applications of the student must route to the administration through the tutor and Chief Tutor. Chief tutor can honor leave application and grant leave up to three days. For longer leaves application duly supported with required documents is forwarded to the Principal for consideration.
3. Examination Office : To help carry out timely, promptly and well organized all internal and external evaluations; an office of the Control of Examinations in the college is established. The office is responsible for conduct of all home examinations (Internal Assessments & Evaluations) and all examinations by the BISE Abbottabad and the Hazara University (External Assessments & Evaluations). The office processes applications of regular college students from registration in the examination body to the delivery of DMCs, Provisional Certificates and Degrees. The office is also responsible for creation and maintenance of all required data.
4. Sports: It is a well known proverb that only healthy body has a healthy mind. To keep students healthy and physically fit a sports directorate under leadership of the lecturer of Physical Education is established in the college. The directorate is responsible for provision of all facilities for smooth conduct of daily indoor and outdoor sport activities and holding of annual sports events in the college. It must ensure that college will participate in all sports events organized by the BISE Abbottabad and the Hazara University so that competent sports men could get chance to perform on national and international level and bring honors for the nation. To encourage students to participate in the sports financial help in form of financial aid and sports scholarships is extended to competent players.
5. Literary Society: To spark and polish the creative attributes in the potentialities of students a literary society in the college is established. The society organizes and coordinates all related activities periodically. It is headed by a college teacher
6. Student Welfare: The whole faculty and supporting staff is responsible for student’s welfare in general. Student welfare for especial purposes such as study tours, issuance of especially required credentials is ensured by assigning it to a suitable faculty member. He is responsible for extending every possible and timely help to the students.
7. Uniform: All students, including students of FA/F.Sc, BA/B.Sc and B.S will strictly observe student uniform during the regular classes, home and external examinations and college functions. The detail of uniform is as follows:
8. Hostel (Boys) : Hostel facility is extended to needy and deserving students only. The facility is limited and allotted on merit only. The administrative hierarchy of the hostel is consisted of hostel warden and one or more deputy wardens. They undertake every possible effort to make stay of students in the hostel more comfortable and productive. Observance of the hostel rules and compliance with the orders of the hostel administration are mandatory. .
9. College Central Library: The college central library is located in the Academic Block, with a reading hall for the students and a reading room for the staff. The library is equipped with an adequate collection of useful books on variety of titles. The Intermediate/ Degree students can borrow two books each for a fortnight. This duration can be extended by getting the books re-issued, if not already requisitioned by some other student in the mean time. The library also provides a good number of newspapers both English and Urdu, to the staff and students for use in their respective reading rooms.
10 . College Magazine: To provide an opportunity to cultivate and express creativity in students, faculty and staff a magazine titled “SAB BERG” is annually published by the college since 2000-2001. Students are encouraged to write and their written manuscripts are polished by the faculty to create and groom writers.